Consumer choice is increasingly informed by ethical and societal issues, with customers showing loyalty to brands that are seen to be making a difference. Additionally, employees are increasingly seeking more purposeful work at companies with values that align with their own. Brand purpose has become imperative for companies wishing to stand out among their competitors.
This quick guide, an abridged version of Econsultancy’s Brand Purpose Best Practice Guide, breaks down the meaning of brand purpose and why it has become vital for businesses to communicate theirs effectively. It covers:
- Behaviours and benefits: How does a brand with an ingrained sense of purpose behave, and what rewards can this ultimately bring?
- Customer loyalty: What do studies reveal about customer attitudes and shopping habits relating to brands with a strongly defined purpose?
- Inspired employees: What are the workforce benefits of brand purpose, how can it help attract and retain talent?
- Creating a brand purpose: What are the 10 key considerations for companies looking to define their brand purpose, and where do they start?
- Integration and communication: How can a company work towards its brand purpose becoming an integral part of its public identity?